Sunday, January 11, 2009

Forgotten But Not Gone

It was probably an ego thing when I decided to put a site counter on the Hillsborough NJ Journal. I was curious if anyone was interested in the blog, how many people were at least looking briefly, but I discovered that there was a lot more information provided than just numbers.

By checking referrals I could discover how people were finding the HNJJ. And I found that the blog was getting hits through a Google Alert for "erickson retirement community in hillsborough" and a search on "erickson hillsborugh star ledger" and "erickson retirement communities hillsborough NJ".

Being a curious sort, I drilled down a little further and found a website for the Construction Journal.

Under Project Planning I found Project #537612, first reported on May 15, 2008 and updated on August 4, 2008 and apparently still active as of today's date.

The details:
Title: Erickson Retirement Community
Project Type: New Construction
Physical Address: Login Required. Click Here for a Free Password
City/County: Hillsborough, NJ 08844 (Somerset County)
Category(s): Commercial, Entertainment/Recreation, Government/Public, Residential
Sub-Category(s): Apartments/Condominiums, Fitness Center, Food/Beverage Service, Library - Public, Pharmacy, Supermarket/Convenience Store
Contracting Method: Bids by Invitation Only.
Project Status: Pending Property Purchase. Seeking Site Plan Approvals. Construction Start Expected fourth quarter 2009. Working Drawings Underway

9 comments:

Rich said...

I found your blog from a google alert I have for "Hillsborough NJ".

Greg Gillette said...

I always come to your blog from the link on my blog!

www.cnhillsborough.blogspot.com

Val said...

Hey, thanks, Greg. Somehow, I always lose the link to your blog. Now I can go visit it again.

Hughes ap Williams said...

Hmm, I didn't realize that the title had two meanings. I wasn't referring to HNJJ as "forgotten but not gone" but the Erickson project.

On the bright side, it was great to see that I have at least three readers who aren't related to me!
Thanks.

Greg Gillette said...

By the way, that was supposed to be a hint. Am I being too subtle?

Hughes ap Williams said...

Okay, Greg, I'll have my techie see if he can help me post links.

Meanwhile, notice that Erickson says they are starting construction in the 4th quarter of 2009.

I almost made it to the BOE meeting. Is the budget posted somewhere?

Greg Gillette said...

This year's school budget is still in the works. I believe it must be presented 45 days before the election - which would be at the beginning of March.

This year's budget is challenging, but I am confident the public will be pleased.

I don't think Erickson will be putting any shovels in the ground this year. They need to come up with a heavily revised concept first - and the revised concept may ultimately not make sense for them business-wise. An Erickson that is half the size may very well be accepted by residents and officials, but it probably wouldn't be worth it for Erickson. We'll see.

Greg Gillette said...

Val - ctrl d - works every time!

Val said...

Didn't know that - thanks.